Position – Service Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Faridabad, Haryana, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Service Engineer and will be part of Process Automation Business Area for Turbocharging Division based in Faridabad/ Vadodara. In this role you will be reporting to Service coordinator and will be responsible to perform the turbocharger maintenance job at workshop and the field job on-site within customer requested schedule. You will lead the young service engineer’s or subcontractors to do the job smoothly in line with the instructions of Manager.
- Execute Service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines.
- Performs Service tasks like installation and commissioning of equipment and routine maintenance independently.
- Identify technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to custom-er order and expectation.
- Coordinate, prepare and ensure that all materials, parts and equipment are avail-able and at the appropriate quality for Service activities.
- Troubleshoot simple equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Apply safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities, report unsafe practices and incidents.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / BE Mechanical
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marine or machinery
- Must have experience in turbocharger maintenance and machine tools
- Knowledge on all types of turbochargers
- Good knowledge of health, safety, and environment
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering
- Qualified in Rigging Crane Forklift Firearms Penetrating inspection etc
- Must be willing to travel for >75% of time.
- Good communication skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Turbocharging manufactures and maintains turbochargers for engines on ships, power stations, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We strive to be a trusted partner in supporting our customers transit towards sustainable industries with innovative technology, expertise and smart solutions. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.