Position – Senior Design Engineer (Direct Fixed Term Contract)
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Robotics and Discrete Automation (RA) business area is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine, and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries, and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
This is a Senior Design Engineer (Direct Fixed Term Contract) role, reporting to the Local Division Manager in Business Area – RA located in Bangalore. You will be responsible for creating, modifying and analyzing the design of equipment, systems or installations, including specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction on assignments of medium to high complexity using established solutions.
- Ensuring creation of customized designs with the high priority on identification and control of hazards.
- Contributing design reviews and verifying following established QA/QC process, provides feedback on design aspects and makes necessary modifications.
- Optimizing designs to meet updated standards, incorporating new products, components and functionalities.
- Creating or reviewing engineering drawings, specifications and plans required by manufacturing, fabrication or construction.
- Identifying and implementing variation requests to support contract claims.
- Creating work plans and cost estimating for work in one’s area of responsibility and ensuring quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Completing risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility.
- Collaborating with the supply chain function, reviewing vendor documentation, and providing design related evaluation of proposals for non-standard materials and equipment.
- Creating standard processes and tools to promote the reuse of technical solutions.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/ B. Tech in Mechanical / Electrical engineering.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in design function.
- Must have experience in design and developments of welding fixtures, robotic grippers, ultrasonic welding fixtures, weld gun grippers, cooling system, conveyors, checking fixtures.
- Must have experience in Catia/ Solid Works/ Auto CAD.
- Preferred experience in ABB robot studio simulation.
- Good communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if it is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning