Position – SCM Specialist-Purchase
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Marine & Ports is transforming the industry through electrical, digital and connected solutions. Our innovative technologies are redefining the future, bringing new levels of reliability, efficiency and sustainability to shipping while making our ports and terminals safer, greener and more productive.
This is a Supply Chain Management (SCM) Specialist-Purchase role, reporting to the Procurement & Logistics Manager in Business Area – India Operations Centre, Industrial Automation (INOPC IA) located in Bangalore. You will be responsible for supporting implementing, maintaining and compliance of Procurement & Logistics (PL) practice approved activities. You will be also responsible for executing assigned activities based on the standard procedures.
- Processing with continuous focus of efficiency and reliability improvement. Identifying and optimization initiatives to ensure flawless execution of purchasing process.
- Tracking goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing.
- Overseeing supplier performance on time delivery, quality, lead time and resolves performance issues.
- Initiating supply orders in the system, confirms delivery with suppliers, monitoring and tracking supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- Aligning supplier orders with customer requirements based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or project requirements in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Conducting all supply chain activities from sourcing to payment to suppliers for all goods and services applying purchasing chessboard strategies and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensuring Pro-Supply global supplier relationship management platform is kept updated as defined in Pro-Supply procedure.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical/Electronics/Instrumentation engineering from an accredited institution.
- Required minimum 2-6 years of working eperience with ERP systems, preferably with SAP.
- Required minimum 1-3 years of experience from industrial companies.
- Required SCM experience with good communication and service orientation.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning