Position – R&D Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly, and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
This is an R&D Engineer role, reporting to Principal Engineer in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Nashik and will be responsible for contributing with own ideas to identifying, proposing, and implementing innovative technology development and solutions, solving industrial problems independently.
- Responsible for the transfer of technology being developed with the collaborator VI factories.
- Responsible for vacuum interrupter design and development.
- Responsible for the concept design of components via 3D cad software modeling.
- Designing sheet metal parts and machined metal parts.
- Responsible for simulations for dielectric capability verification.
- Responsible for prototyping / type testing at internal / external high voltage / high power laboratories.
- Analyzing success /analysis of failure.
- Supporting factory for the special processes.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/ B.Tech in electrical/ mechanical field.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in the design and development of vacuum interrupter/vacuum contactor is preferred.
- Excellent competence with CAD (Pro-E, Solidworks, etc.,)technical drawing, and PLM. systems are required, SolidWorks/Smarteam is preferred.
- Ability to work with and support cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning