Position – R&D Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
This is a R&D Engineer role, reporting to Senior Manager R&D in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Nashik and will be responsible for contributing with own ideas to identifying, proposing and implementing innovative technology development and solutions, solving industrial problems independently.
- Preparing of Electrical schemes in Ethernet Private Lan (E-Plan) and respective Bill of materials preparation in SAP.
- Designing of sheet metal parts, casted, machined metal parts and molded plastic parts.
- Responsible for metal forming and manufacturing process knowledge and optimization.
- Responsible for design and development of Low voltage (LV) enclosures compatible.
- Reviewing in close communication with other Project Managers and technical experts.
- Validating design through calculations, analysis and testing.
- Serving as a subject matter expert to the project, providing guidance to colleagues and more junior team members, acting as a mentor and sharing lessons learned.
- Responsible for inhouse testing of reclosers for R&D related tests and type tests on breakers and reclosers.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E./ B.Tech in mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in design & development of Medium Voltage (MV) Switchgear, Auto Recloser and Outdoor Circuit Breaker.
- Excellent competence with CAD (Pro-E, Solidworks etc.,), technical drawings and PLM systems is required, SolidWorks/Smarteam is preferred.
- Knowledge on basic parts required for controlling and auto recloser including relay, batteries, capacitors, control units.
- Knowledge on Electronics circuits and communication protocols.
- Ability to work with and support cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.