Position – Rapid Programmer (Robotics) & Simulation
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Robotics and Discrete Automation (RA) business area is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine, and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries, and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
This is a Rapid Programmer(Robotics) & Simulation role, reporting to the Team Manager in Business Area – RA located in ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL), Bangalore.
- Doing industrial robot programming both online and offline.
- Handling installation and commissioning for different applications.
- Handling regular applications like material handling, gluing, welding, etc.
- Understanding the interface to PLC and communication protocols.
- Doing troubleshooting, debugging, and optimizing robotic system cells according to customer specifications.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in mechanical / electronics.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 year’s of experience.
- Good command on robot programming and programming in OLP development, productivity/output, reduced cycle times.
- Sound knowledge of interfacing with PLC and communication protocols and knowledge of diagnostics, trouble-shooting robot program and ABB RobotStudio.
- Familiar with system engineering /application and commissioning skills.
- Should have applications knowledge on welding, material handling, sealing, palletizing, vision.
- Good in MS Office tools.
- Efficient in project tracking, reporting & project execution.
- Must be organized, systematic in work and a team player with good communication skills (Written & Oral).
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.