Position – Quality Engineer – Mechanical
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Quality Engineer – Mechanical
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a Quality Engineer – Mechanical role, reporting to the Operations Manager in Business Area – MOTION and located in Bangalore. Execute Quality Assurance and Control plan across LV Motors processes to ensure Customer Delight
- Provide support in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective actions on Quality issues at all stages of manufacturing.
- Evaluate non-conformities, failures and identify cause and take appropriate corrective actions as may be required at inhouse as well at Supplier processes.
- Develop and execute quality control plans for Machined Components, Castings, Sheet metal components, Fabricated items.
- Conduct Supplier process audits and process validations to ensure required quality standards are achieved.
- Recommend process improvements for overall quality system.
- Interact with component and material supplier associated with supply quality and supervise corrective action on demand.
- Develop and implement PPAP plans and test methods to qualify new components per requirement.
- Ensure Supplier Quality levels to target while executing Statistical process control to reduce drift and control processes.
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical/Production/Industrial Engineering with 3-5 years of relevant functional experience.
- Hands on with Measurement Techniques / Tooling & Jig qualifications/ Process Qualifications / PPAP
- Familiar with Castings/Machined Components/ Fabrication / Assembly Manufacturing Processes.
- Improvement projects for Safety / Productivity / Quality Improvements.
- Skilled in Problem Solving/ Production Technologies / Process Improvements.
More about us
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.