Position – Procurement & Logistics Specialist
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Marine & Ports is transforming the industry through electrical, digital and connected solutions. Our innovative technologies are redefining the future, bringing new levels of reliability, efficiency and sustainability to shipping while making our ports and terminals safer, greener and more productive.
This is a Procurement & Logistics Specialist role, reporting to the Procurement & Logistics Manager in Business Area – India Operations Centre, Industrial Automation (INOPC IA) located in Bangalore. You will be responsible for supporting implementation, maintenance and compliance of Procurement & Logistics (PL) practice approved activities. You will be also responsible for executing assigned activities based on the standard procedures.
- Designing and implementing plans for local sourcing to reach the business targets. Supporting regional and global sourcing initiatives as required.
- Applying and implementing PL standards, tools and processes in the area of responsibility to secure quality, delivery, cost and sustainability.
- Creating and updating reports, as required, following the ABB standards.
- Appling standards on health, safety, environment and business ethics within operational work, contract management and negotiations.
- Executing effective and transparent communication internally, externally and between different units and centers.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical engineering.
- Required maximum 1-3 years of experience from industrial companies.
- Required Automation or Electrical equipment knowledge.
- Required very good communication skills on email, phone and face to face.
- Required previous experience in automation projects.
- Required knowledge of supply chain management.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.