Position – Material Planner
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be responsible for the conversion of supply plan into a master production schedule which can be executed. You will be working as Material Planner at Global Grade 15, reporting to Planning and Fulfillment Manager for Motion Area, Large Motors & Generators Division, based in Vadodara, India.
- Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule. Establish key performance indicators of master plan accuracy
- Ensure the interaction of a firm’s functional managers, and track and maintain the forecast through timely and accurate feedback. Assemble master schedule reporting regarding performance to the business plan, the shipment plan, the inventory plan, and the production plan. Identify current planned level of demand and create tactical production plans to meet the identified customer demand
- Calculate production lead times and manage load levelling and bottleneck scheduling and utilize theory of constraints (TOC) for more accurate scheduling
- Analyze production floor status through input/output control reporting and maintain planning parameters in ERP and planning systems
- Work with customer service to provide appropriate delivery dates, and material planners to convert the Supply Plan into a master production. Schedule supply based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to customer service team across multiple product lines
- Provide input to finance on operating plans for the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process, concerning incoming volume and capacity
- Manage MRP (Materials Resource Planning) exception messages on a daily basis
- Work with local execution, Local P&F manager and Hub P&F manager to resolve issues an provide input into S&OP and short-term planning processes
- Identify issue that cannot be resolved locally and provide feedback regarding feasibility of the plan.
- Engage in capacity management during sales and operations planning, master scheduling, materials requirements planning, and production activity control
- Mechanical Engineer with a background in Rotating Machine
- Must have SAPP PP module exposure
- A team player with proactive approach
- Professional Email Etiquettes
- Excellent communication skills
More about us
The Large Motors and Generators Division offers a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators. From general purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors and high voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. The division also has a long track record of designing and building generators for wide range of industries, including power generation, marine, oil and gas, mining, and data centers. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid