Position – Designer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
This is a Designer, reporting to the Design & Engineering Manager in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Nashik and will be responsible for creating and modifying the standard designs of equipment, systems or installations, including standard specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction for assignments classified as low to medium complexity by applying standard design concepts.
- Designing engineering solutions, including drawings and calculations according to specification.
- Contributing to design reviews and design verification, modifies design as necessary.
- Following up for work plans and cost estimates for work in one’s are of responsibility and ensuring quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Assisting in communication with customer pertaining to specific project design assignments or meetings.
- Collaborating with the supply chain function, reviews vendor documentation, prepares RFQs, provides design related evaluation of proposals for standard materials and equipment.
- Providing support and direction for entry level team members, which may include trainees and interns.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor in electrical/ mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 2-8 years of experience in switchgear design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven problem-solving capability.
- Strong analytical skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (preferably in English). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.