Position – Design Manager
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 400,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 10,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics.
This is a Design Manager role, reporting to the Operations Manager in Business Area – RA located in Nel Mangala Bangalore. You will be responsible for creating, modifying and analyzing the design of equipment, systems or installations, including specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction on assignments of medium to high complexity using established solutions.
- Ensuring creation of customized designs with high priority on identification and control of hazards.
- Contributing to design reviews and verifying following established QA/QC process, providing feedback on design aspects and making necessary modifications.
- Optimizing designs to meet updated standards, incorporating new products, components and functionalities.
- Creating or reviewing engineering drawings, specifications and plans required by manufacturing, fabrication or construction.
- Identifying and implementing variation requests to support contract claims.
- Creating work plans and cost estimates for work in one’s area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Completing risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility.
- Interacting with customers and providing technical guidance on design related queries.
- Creating standard processes and tools to promote the reuse of technical solutions.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/ B. Tech in Mechanical / Mechatronics engineering.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in design – turning conceptual ideas into technical plans using CAD/CAE software – CATIA/Solid Works.
- Must have CATIA/ Solid Works & Auto Cad engineering drawing software working experience.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be a creative approach for generating new ideas.
- Must have an excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
- Must have an Excellent communication skills.
- Must have an good understanding of manufacturing processes.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.