Position – Design Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently. This is an Engineer Design role, reporting to the Local Product Group Manager in Business Area – Motion located in Vadodara. You will be responsible for creating or modifying the pre-engineered design of equipment, systems or installations for assignments classified as low complexity by applying standard design concepts.
- Assisting in designing engineering solutions, including drawings and calculations according to specification.
- Participating in design reviews and design verification, and modifies design as necessary.
- Following up work plans and cost estimates for one’s own area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Supporting risk assessments and implements resulting actions for one’s project.
- Supporting in preparation of specific aspects of design assignments for project meeting.
- Collaborating with supply chain function in preparation of required documentation for request for quote (RFQs) and proposals.
- Using standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility.
- Providing support and direction for entry level drafting and document control team.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelors of engineering in Mechanical or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 to 6 years of experience in Engineering design.
- Must have exposure in product design of electrical rotating machines.
- Preferred from Traction Motors industry.
- Must have tool knowledge in E-plan/CAD.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Good communication skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.