Position – Buyer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
This is a Buyer role, reporting to the Purchase Manager in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Nashik and will be responsible for purchasing materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms and ensuring purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
- Identifying, selecting and qualifying new suppliers and issuing requests for quotations.
- Negotiating agreements with main suppliers and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
- Adapting corporate contractual framework to the local business needs, recommending frame agreements to management and executing upon approval.
- Analyzing and evaluating bids in order to determine the optimal value.
- Supporting bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.
- Tracking goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensuring invoice processing.
- Overseeing supplier performance (on time delivery, delivery quality, lead time) and resolving performance issues.
- Aligning supplier orders with customer requirements (based on ERP or SOP / project requirements) in terms of content,
- quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Conducting all supply chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Degree / Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in purchase of components and auto parts from automobile / engineering / electrical industry.
- SAP-MM will be added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player with ability to drive results.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning