Position – Assembly Manager
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
This is a Assembly Manager role, reporting to the Manager Quality in Business Area – Motion located in Vadodara. You will be responsible for leading a team within a production unit or line in the execution of production processes to transform parts and raw materials into ABB products in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Organizing and allocating resources to effectively and efficiently meet line production targets.
- Responding to resource issues as necessary & leading capacity planning and resource optimization for the assigned unit or line.
- Ensuring that production scheduling and production plan meets the volume requirements agreed in the demand plan and defined inventory service levels.
- Identifying and recommending technical equipment and facility improvements as necessary.
- Ensuring execution of volume, conforming product and on-time delivery targets for the assigned production lines.
- Identifying deficiencies in production area, proposes improvement activities, and oversees implementation of actions to improve production performance.
- Managing the resolution of critical product or equipment issues together with relevant internal teams.
- Ensuring (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- BE/ B. Tech in Mechanical or Electrical.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience in handling direct production and assembly activities.
- Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt certified.
- Must have handled team of approximate 100 employees.
- Handling assembly for large motors and generators.
- Analytical skills, leading, team management, lean exposure .
- Must have handled trade union.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.