Position – Mechanical Designer – Plastics
Company – ZF
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
What’s Next? Join ZF!
ZF is a global technology company supplying systems for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and industrial technology, enabling the next generation of mobility.
ZF allows vehicles to see, think, and act. In the four technology domains of Vehicle Motion Control, Integrated Safety, Automated Driving, and Electric Mobility, ZF offers comprehensive product and software solutions for established vehicle manufacturers and newly emerging transport and mobility service providers. ZF electrifies a wide range of vehicle types. With its products, the company contributes to reducing emissions, protecting the climate, and enhancing safe mobility.
Mechanical Designer – Plastics
Location: Chennai, TN, IN, 631604
Req ID 56629 Chennai, India
- Support the lead engineer in assessing customer and legal requirements, identifying gaps, and translating them into technical requirements.
- Plan mechanical design tasks, calculate development cost and timing, and assist the lead engineer in evaluating different product concepts.
- Perform technical design calculations, define materials and production processes for new components, and contribute to new innovations and patent filings.
- Create prototype documentation, maintain series documentation, and ensure product quality and field claims are addressed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including suppliers and service providers, for simultaneous engineering, process development, and cost evaluation.
- Bachelor/master’s in mechanical engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- 3 to 8 years of experience in Mechanical Design, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of CAD & PLM systems, with rich experience in CREO and PLM Windchill preferred.
- Familiarity with ZF products and system functions.
- Strong problem-solving skills through Six Sigma methodology.
Be part of our ZF team as a Mechanical Designer – Plastics and apply now!
Contact – Sakthivel P
Our Commitment to Diversity
ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.