Position – Mechanical designer
Company – ZF
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Work at the forefront of automotive innovation with ZF, one of the world’s leading automotive suppliers.
Location: Chennai, TN, IN, 631604
Req ID 39998 Chennai, India
Design of components to support central drive/axle drive system, Minimum 3 years of relevant design experience in Product Engineering in the automotive industry with knowledge of Creo CAD software and tolerance stack up calculation.
- Support lead engineer in assessing customer & legal requirements, in identification of gaps and in translation into technical requirements, Plan mechanical design tasks and support lead engineer in calculating development cost and timing
- Develop product concepts according to technical requirements and field experience, evaluate different concepts (own, competitors, suppliers) to find best cost option using DFA & 6sigma methods
- Consider design rules & standards, foster standardization. Incorporate technical calculations and simulations as well as test results in the design
- Define materials and production processes for new components in alignment with experts. Initiate and follow-up patent analysis’ and identify ideas for own patents.
- Create prototype documentation & plan prototypes. Perform & maintain Design FMEA, risk assessment, define SC, CC.
- Degree in Engineering
- Good knowledge about WABCO products and system functions
- Knowledge of CAD & PLM systems
- Fluent in English
- Literate in FMEA systematic and tools
Be part of our ZF team as Mechanical designer and apply now!
Contact – Sakthivel Pandiaraj
Our Commitment to Diversity
ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, R&D, Testing, Drafting, Engineer, Engineering, Research, Technology