Position – Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – ZF
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Work at the forefront of automotive innovation with ZF, one of the world’s leading automotive suppliers.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Chennai, TN, IN, 631604
Req ID 40071 Chennai, India
TITLE: Mechanical Design Engineer – Steering
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF POSITION ON THE ORGANIZATION:
Pitman Arms/Steering Columns/Hydraulic Steering Gears/Hydraulic Pumps require support to maintain current product lines through Engineering Changes and new product releases for new customer applications.
- Support lead engineer in assessing customer & legal requirements, in the identification of gaps
and in translation into technical requirements
- Plan mechanical design tasks and support lead engineer in calculating development costs and
- Develop product concepts according to technical requirements and field experience
- Evaluate different concepts (own, competitors, suppliers) to find the best cost option using DFA &
- Consider design rules & standards, foster standardization
- Incorporate technical calculations and simulations as well as test results in the design
- Define materials and production processes for new components in alignment with experts
- Initiate and follow-up patent analysis’ and identify ideas for own patents.
- Create prototype documentation & plan prototypes
- Perform & maintain Design FMEA, risk assessment, define SC, CC
- Instruct supporting personnel (e.g. draftsman)
- Create and change series documentation, maintain serial devices with respect to cost
- Maintain product with respect to quality and field claims
- Propose design changes to reduce cost
- Create and change series documentation, (drawings, Test Instruction, DFMEA, etc)
- Support evaluation of product and tooling cost, follow-up cost targets
- Interface and communicate with S&P and suppliers, M&L, and other functions to ensure
simultaneous engineering for process and supplier development
- Prepare and participate in design reviews, share experience and knowledge
- Propose redesign ideas for cost reduction
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the area of Mechanical Design, preferably with an Automotive related company.
- Experience designing castings, machined parts, and complex assemblies.
- Knowledge in GD&T and complex tolerance stack-up analysis across multiple components.
- Extensive CREO 4.0 experience. Working knowledge in UG-NX. Windchill PLM and Work Group Manager Interface working knowledge preferred.
- Degree in Engineering
- Good knowledge about WABCO products and system functions
- Knowledge of CAD & PLM systems
- Fluent in English
- Literate in FMEA systematic and tools
Be part of our ZF team as Mechanical Design Engineer and apply now!
Contact – Sakthivel Pandiaraj
Our Commitment to Diversity
ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, R&D, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, PLM, Engineering, Research, Management