Position – Mechanical Engineer (Water & Waste Water)
WSP is currently seeking a motivated Mechanical Engineer – to join our Development Infrastructure team. Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure, this position will be responsible to work on Water & Wastewater projects specifically Mechanical design for treatment plants, Pump stations and Pipelines.
- Undertake project tasks and engineering design on water and wastewater projects at various stages in the project life cycles, while ensuring technical excellence and best practice to specifications.
- Create, maintain and update engineering drawings including piping plans, details, and schematics, equipment layouts, and P&IDs for the projects.
- Prepare engineering designs and calculations, construction drawings and technical specifications to ensure compliance with codes, standards, and project requirements.
- Develop digital engineering solutions and applications within the BIM working environment.
- Working with diverse teams of engineers, designers, and drafters from project planning to detailed design.
- Reviewing project documents and drawings for technical quality and accuracy.
- Integration of mechanical design with other disciplines.
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed designs of Water & Wastewater Infrastructure projects and;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 15 years of Mechanical Engineering experience. Out of which at least 8 years in mechanical engineering design of pumping stations and treatment facilities.
- Significant experience in wastewater & Water Pump Station design.
- Prepare, check and approve equipment lists, valve schedules, piping schedules, plant layouts, material schedules, pipe supports, other structures, equipment selection, prepare data sheets and write specifications. In undertaking these tasks they will:
- Sizing components e.g. pumps, pipework, pressure relief valves
- Produce/check/verify and authorize mechanical design solutions
- Design and engineering of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (HVAC)
- Provide Design, engineering, calculations, specifications;
- Provide pipework design including 3D assembly modeling;
- Proficient knowledge in the use of Excel spreadsheet and database tools;