Weir Group is Hiring | Engineering Contractor |
Position – Engineering Contractor- Project Documentation
Company – Weir Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The Project Engineering Document Specialist is responsible for all duties required to create and update technical documents for the customer as well as create and update service manuals and technical bulletins for all products. Responsible for all duties required to track status of submittals and manuals. You will be a key interface between the Project Engineering department, suppliers, and internal and external customers in all technical document related matters.
- Create data submittal packages consisting of dimensional drawings and basic technical data for customer review and approval, coordinating with Sales, Engineering and Assembly departments
- Review customer’s documentation specifications for Sales Engineer during quote stage.
- Reference and follow customer’s documentation specifications during creation of technical documents for the customer.
• Work with Project Engineers in resolving document issues with customers or suppliers • Create and Revise technical documents to the customer
- Create customer comment exception documents
- Create Inspection and Test Plan document for customer
- Monitor the status of document submittals to and from customers
- Keep Project Engineer informed of unreturned documents or missing data from customers.
- Create, update, and maintain technical service bulletins for all products, with the direction of Engineering and Sales JOB DESCRIPTION Page 2 of 3
- Create, update and maintain operation and installation manuals for all products, with the direction of Engineering and Sales
- Manipulate and create CAD drawings when necessary and use desktop publishing software to create submittal documents
- Establish and maintain document management databases
- Set up and adhere to project contractual requirements with regard to document control management
- Maintain library of master and superseded bulletins and manuals
- Maintain library of new and old job files.
- Create new job files.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ability to communicate/report/document technical information with project team and customer.
- Should have excellent communication skills.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Be pro-active and innovative.
- Should be Quality conscious and process driven.
• Personal accountability and ownership for areas of responsibility. • Open minded in supporting occasional urgent requests
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably in mechanical engineering
- Prefer fresher or 1 year of experience in engineering environment.
- Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
- AutoCAD software
- Adobe Professional
- Printing, scanning and copying
- Must be able to deal with short time frames and handle multiple competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to interface with colleagues at all levels
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to achieve accurate work products while maintaining a service oriented approach toward internal and external customers
- Independently motivated and able to work without detailed direction
- Sensitive to time deadlines and ensure work is accomplished in the required time frame
About the Company
We are Weir. And the growing world depends on us. It depends on us constantly reinventing. Quickly adapting. Continually finding better, faster, more sustainable ways to access the resources it needs to thrive. And it depends on each and every one of us doing the best work of our lives. It’s a big challenge – but it’s exciting. And it’s one we can’t wait to be part of.
Thank you for your interest in joining us.