Position – System Engineer – Brakes Control
Company – Wabtec
Location – Tamil Nadu, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions, and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation, and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make your and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology, and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Manage technical contracts, customer RFQs, and related Engineering proposals
- Own and manage Customer deliverables with First Time Right approach and ensure OTD
- Effective Requirement Management and Traceability Matrix
- Develop cost-effective brake control-related systems/products for Metro, IR, and other applications.
- Ensuring that the systems/products design to meet the performance requirement to the satisfaction of the customer
- Preparation of Product Specifications, Functional requirements, Validation requirements, FMECA for the systems.
- Conduct Gate Reviews
- Value engineering and cost optimization initiatives
- Work with Product Managers on TMC and support on project and product cost estimates
- Apart from product engineering activity, also responsible for documentation which will include System Manuals
- Able to study, interpret and prepare detailed pneumatic schemes
- Able to understand electrical schemes
- Able to perform hand calculations for brake performances
- Hands-on experience in performing system-level tests on various brake systems
- Provide technical dossier for customer RFQs.
- Traveling to Field for Installation, Testing, Commissioning and Troubleshooting activities
- Establish Communication with Engineers / Project Managers both in India and SISCOs
- Act as technical point of contact between Customer and Product Engineer
- Seek sales opportunities by developing and providing technical support
- Explore opportunities for reducing product development cycle time and costs
- Work with engineering and operations teams to reduce costs on the legacy brake control system and application equipment
- Able to identify, examine and address issues practically and effectively
- Interact with RAMS team and drive reliability improvement programs
- Qualification: B.E in Mechanical Engineering / Mechatronics
- Experience : 3 – 5 years in the rail / automotive industry
- CATIA V5 – Proficient in Solid and Surface Modelling (3D)
- AUTOCAD – Proficient in Drafting (3D)
- Fluid Control Symbols and Schematics – Proficient
- MS Office tools – Proficient
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment, we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity, and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences, and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.