Position – Mechanical Engineer – Doors
Company – Wabtec
Location – Tamil Nadu, IN
Full Job Description
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation, and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at:
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make your and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology, and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Key missions of the position:
Be a strong team player in engineering for the automatic door product line & Lead project-specific actions
- Prepare 3D model and 2D drafting
- Prepare product requirement specifications for door system/accessories
- Mechanical design calculations.
- Work out the validation plans, test setups, and instrumentation as required by test standards and customer specifications.
- Prepare the drawings, documentation, and reports.
- Interface and communicate with both internal and external customers on technical problems and their solutions.
People Management: No
Budget Management: No
- Engineering degree in mechanical or mechatronics
- Exposure to railway subsystems
- Experience of 3 to 7 years in product development, application engineering & Experience in the railway domain is preferred
- Exposure to the manufacturing processes like Casting, Machining, Fabrication, and assembly.
- 3D modeling and 2D drafting is a must (Creo/Catia)
- Basic knowledge in cost estimation is preferred
Languages – English fluency and Hindi is preferred.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment, we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity, and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences, and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.