Position – Lead Mechanical Engineer
Company – Wabtec
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Propulsion Mechanical Engineer position provides an opportunity to work on innovative rotating electric machines for Transportation application. In this role, you will be responsible for design, testing, application studies, field support, manufacturing support, and innovation on a variety of machine topologies. You will support various business critical initiatives that include hybrid and battery electric vehicles.
A Lead Engineer in Propulsion will be responsible for Motors and/or Alternator mechanical design. They will train under experienced engineers on application specifics and use Deep Smart techniques to quickly deliver on priorities. They will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. They will utilize their experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition you will:
- Execute, with guidance from Senior Engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies, or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Prepare and present technical data in design reviews and to internal and external customers
- Participate and work with global teams on projects assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
- Assure proper documentation and communication of technical data generated for the assigned projects / tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures (Design Review materials, Purchase Specs, meeting notes, technical visuals and presentations, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong technical aptitude, including; applicable engineering tools and systems knowledge
- Deep experience in Rotating Equipment Design with 5+ years of experience
- GD&T, drawing release, and tolerance stack-up analysis expertise
- Familiarity with design, test, and analysis tools and systems
- Strong understanding of electrical machines theory and application
- Proficiency with engineering tools related to Stress analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Vibration Analysis such as; Ansys or equivalent
- Familiar with Six Sigma tools and generating DFMEAs of components and subsystems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- PC proficiency
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.