Position – Graduate Engineer Trainee – Manufacturing (Digitization)
Company – Wabtec
Location – Tamil Nadu, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Job Title: GET – Manufacturing (Digitization)
Entity: Hosur; Department: Manufacturing – Transit
Key missions of the position:
- Proven expertise in any ERP usage and having good knowledge on how system works related to manufacturing function.
- Capable of acquiring data from ERP data sources and maintaining databases.
- Good knowledge in interpreting data, analysing results using statistical techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience in using statistical tools for analysing data.
- Good logical thinker having capability to develop the reports based on requirement.
- Hands on experience in handling system audits like ISO, IRIS…
- Capable of preparing MIS reports with good knowledge in presentation.
- Identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data.
- Creation of best-practice reports based on analysis and visualization.
- Capable in delivering of Lean and 6S initiatives.
- Able to understand basics of Brake products and capable to troubleshoot in case of failure.
- Capable to coach, lead and develop Manufacturing team members in line to production requirement
- Capable to understand Production SOP and Quality standards.
- Capable of training the team members on ERP & system requirements.
- Monitor the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to drive the team for meeting the target.
- Prepare data analysis pertains to production performance and review.
- Daily monitoring of Production deliveries and accounting Standard Man hour in ERP(M3) system.
- Preparation and plan for resource allocation based on the Weekly plan / Monthly Plan.
- Non-conformance transaction to be maintained and tracked for repeating issues to resolve the same.
- Track the monthly inventory aligning to manufacturing order & SFG stock by carrying out the perpetual inventory and maintain stock with zero variance.
- Streamline Digitization projects wherever applicable in production domain
- Responsible for meeting the daily production targets as pre plan.
- Tracking the consumables usage against each SFU and optimize the same.
- Capable to manage assembly / test facility and equipment in specific to process requirement.
- Streamline the production process flow in line to layout.
- Capable of learning and delivering special process requirements.
- Drive team to implement Kaizen which enable continuous improvement in terms of PQCD
- Collaborate with process owner and support to prepare PFMEA, control plan & HIRA for new and existing project.
- Delivering the consistency in internal Audit and OJT requirement
- Understand and sustain to maintain IMS and IRIS statutory requirement.
What education and education level are necessary for the position?
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
How many years of professional experience in a specific professional area are required for the position?
- Minimum 3+ Years of Experience in Manufacturing domain with ERP knowledge
- Experience in People Management : High
- Working knowledge in ERP: High
- Working knowledge in MIS: High
- Technical knowledge on the Special Process management: High
- Proven ability to identify, assess and solving technical problems: High
- Technical writing ability: High
- High-level skill in IT and systems operations: High
- Conversant with IMS, IRIS quality systems: High
- Familiarity with applicable health and safety regulations: High
- Tamil, English
- Excellent Communication and Coaching skill
- Analytical, problem-solving, critical-thinking skills
- Good Oral / written communication skills
- Teamwork and Strong Interpersonal communication skills
- Professional work ethics
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.