Position – Application Engineer – Bogie Brakes
Company – Wabtec
Location – Tamil Nadu, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Propose / Develop cost-effective, reliable Bogie brake products for IR, Metro, and other applications.
- Minimize Engineering changes arising out of various issues of quality of data, systems/products due to incomplete understanding of customer requirements by the introduction of Standardization. Reduce COPQ owing to Engineering Changes.
- Ensuring that the systems, products, and equipment is designed for him and his group meet the performance requirement to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Establishing pre-supply product reliability through accelerated life tests and RAMS methodology jointly with the RAMS Engineer before deploying large scale into the market. This will include even such products obtained through TOT from the group companies for localization.
- Obtaining first-hand information about our product/system performance and the competitor’s a product/system performance by interacting with the Sales / Service function and take continuous corrective/preventive actions to prevent recurrence of the undesirable Product / System performance behavior. He will be a responsible member of the customer complaints review CFT.
- He would guide the Materials department in locating substitute materials based on Value Engineering to achieve improved performance and / at a reduced cost.
- Work in compliance to IRIS -ISO/TS 22163; ISO 9001:2015; ISO 14001:2015; OHSAS 18001:2007 systems and processes
- He will effectively interact with the group COC for new product introduction for application in the Indian market and for validating his designs before initiating development action.
- He will also deal with external agencies like RDSO or other Customer Representatives in promoting the product during initial technical evaluation and after obtaining the order in testing, installation, and field trials of the prototypes.
- He will prepare technical offers, clause-by-clause comments, and detailed Bill of Materials for product/system costing and assist the Marketing in submitting timely quotations/clarifications to the Customer.
- Apart from Product Engineering activities, he will also be responsible for documentation which will include Product Catalogues, Maintenance Manuals, etc.
- Qualification: B.E in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: 3 – 5 years in the rail / automotive industry
- CATIA V5 – Proficient in Solid and Surface Modelling (3D)
- AUTOCAD – Proficient in Drafting (3D)
- Fluid Control Symbols and Schematics – Basic level
- MS Office tools – Proficient
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment, we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity, and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.