Position – Engineer
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The candidate for this position will provide Design solutions/strategies in small or major design project as a Design engineer and should be able to work independently on Instrument Pane / Door Panel module. Candidate will coordinate and perform complex Engineering tasks under minimal supervision, supporting the mission of the group, department and/or Volvo GTT.
- Ownership of complete QDCF (Quality, Delivery, Cost & Feature) in deliverables
- Take lead both within cross-functional team and with supplier in development of design concepts
- Plan as necessary for fulfilling the highlighted tasks
- Take ownership in development of engineering process & method documents (TR, guidelines, rules etc.)
- Support packaging engineers in packaging and installation tasks (e.g. technical reports, packaging investigations, DMU utilization)
- Provide CAD proposals for design concepts – Considering all the required tooling inputs, Inputs from stake holders, cost target etc.
- BE/B-Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience from 3yrs to 5yrs of applicable automotive experience
- Hands –on experience in Plastics and Metal Engineering Technology (Injection Modeling, Metal Forming)
- Interior Automotive experience preferably in IP, DP, CCB and/or Air Vents
- Good team player proactive in discussing with cross-functional team
- Good CAD Modeling knowledge – Catia V5 mandatory
- PDM (Product Data Management)
- Quality Tools experience, MFG Process knowledge – Plastic Tooling, Fixtures etc.
- Vehicle Regulatory knowledge (FMVSS, ECE, AIS) will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication & Presentation skills
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.