Position – Engineer – SAS (Steerings)
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Position Description – Engineer, SAS (Steerings)
Bangalore, VE-Chassis, Group Trucks Technology
About SAS, VE-Chassis, GTT BLR
The SAS (Suspension, Axles and Steering) Group has the responsibilities to Develop Components and Systems for Front, Rear Suspension and Steering system for Trucks, within GTT. The Group responsibility covers Start cost projects, Maintenance and Technology developments, across various Products in the Volvo GTT including Asia specific ranges.
In our work we have contact with other business areas like Operations, Purchasing, After Market, Powertrain Engineering as well as Vehicle engineering colleagues in Global sites in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba and Ageo.
Are you passionate about Solving complex mechanical engineering problems? Do you want to work in a dynamic team that is involved in innovative projects, complex Quality issues and Continuous improvements?
In the area of SAS, we are now looking for a Engineer for SAS to reinforce the team’s Deliveries to Various ranges of Products within Volvo Group.
As a Engineer working with the SAS, the main deliverables are:
- Structural design of steering components and installation, Contribute to the Workload in the SAS Area.
- To work with cross functional teams and with a global network of people within Product Development, Purchasing, Global Manufacturing and Aftermarket.
- To execute Projects with QDCF (Quality, Delivery, project and product Cost, Feature).
- Engineering documentation of drawings and specifications.
- Drive and establish a good Collaborative working with Global Sites.
- Should be proficient in Pro-E, Volvo Tools Knowledge like PDM, KOLA will be added advantage.
Qualifications and Key Attributes:
- Master/Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering, With Overall experience 3-5 years in the automobile industry.
- Hand on Experience in product development. Have a capacity to work individually to secure the deliverables.
- Good knowledge of Product Development Life Cycle End to End. Product Knowledge of Truck Chassis MD/HD. Exposure to various truck application usage/understandings.
- Good networking and interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication.
- Creative Mindset, Agile, Self-driven, High Energy and Goal oriented are the Key Attributes.
For any information, Contact Kamal Kacholya, Group Manager SAS&CSETA, VE-Chassis, GTT BLR
About the company
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.