Position – Commodity Buyer
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Position DescriptionAre you engaged in your work, professional in everything you do and prepared to go that extra mile? If yes – then the Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the right place for you.
GTP provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers.
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1,9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually.
We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration with, and a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customer and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
IPS Purchasing is a global organization within GTP representing a yearly purchased spend of 35 BSEK; the team is responsible for Investments, IT HW SW, Professional Service & Travel, Product & Operation Services.
IPS Europe being the Strategic steering line for all IPS Purchasing activities within GTP, we organize a strong collaboration within IPS teams spread across different sites/regions
GTP IPS Asia team is responsible to drive end to end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
The Buyer is accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base. QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, Risk Management
Buyer is responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network.
- PR to PO processing: Scope understanding & alignment with stake holders , negotiations with suppliers etc..
- Responsible to optimize sourcing activities together with the other Buyers & the Segment Leader
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets
- Manage Project Performance & operational , business Reviews with suppliers and stakeholders
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders etc. with the suppliers
- Challenge, Negotiate, & Report changes after contract/PO signature and ensure fulfilment of project targets.
- New Parma / Vendor creations after due diligence & supplier evaluation.
- Drive improvements like catalogues or automation for repetitive purchases
Competence & Experience
- BE/B.Tech in Mechanical /Industrial Engg/Automobile Engineering.
- Min 3 years of experience in indirect purchasing or supply chain
- Experience in Supplier Selection processes.
- Experience in project management.
- Very good negotiation skills.
- Good Communication and presentation skills
- Self-confidence, self-driven, energetic, and positive attitude
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!