Position – Project Planner
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a motivation in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Power Solutions – Aerodynamic & Mechanical – Nacelle Module
Describe the Department
You will be part of the Nacelle Engineering organization in Vestas Power Solutions. It’s an organization with more than 100 engineers, specialists and project managers across 3 main locations: Aarhus, Porto and Chennai. The projects include new technology development for the improvement of existing Nacelles and sub modules and new projects inside a completely new products release
The key responsibilities include
- Organize and plan multiple projects, work packages, and tasks together with the project manager and technical leadership
- Daily follow up on planning and task management tools
- Setup effective methods and tools to keep planning updated and matching reality
- Interface with a large range of stakeholders across the entire value chain
- Ensure proper visibility by all stakeholders of the project timeline and execution status
- Develop, together with IT and PMO, the project management and task management tools: JIRA, SAP, MS Project
- Engineering degree or another relevant educational background
- Project execution experience at University or personal level
- Experience with project management and complementary software. (JIRA, MS Project, SAP, MSP, etc)
- Experience with planning is a plus
- Knowledge of product development using Waterfall\Gate Stages Model project
- Approach new tasks with positivity, creativity and be comfortable with multi-tasking
- Be a good communicator
- Be well organized and disciplined in completing projects
- Possess the mindset to always strive for improvements
- Be an innovative team presence and solid networker
- Be proficient in English
- Atlassian Jira software previous experience is valuable
- Proficient IT equipment user
- Solid inquisitive skills and capacity to learn and understand new tools and methods
What We Offer
The key responsibilities include
- Organize, plan, budget, and implement multiple projects, work packages, and tasks, managing risks and issues
- Setup an effective organization of your projects including solid governance and effective communication
- Interface with a large range of stakeholders across the entire value chain, ensuring effective collaboration amongst all
- Ensure on-time delivery with quality and meeting cost targets
- Coordinating and supporting multicultural project teams
- Contribute to the development of project execution maturity using various tools, such as SAP PPM, MSP, Jira amongst others
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th April 2021
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day-to-day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organization.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.