Position – PDM Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Engineering & Business Service Center > COO Engineering services > Manufacturing PDM
This role is a part of Manufacturing PDM team in CES, EBSC working as Engineer, supporting end to end ECM and BOM handling activities for Assembly & Towers factories in Vestas globally.
- Creation and handling of Problem Reports, Change Requests and Change Notices for all Design and Production changes through PDMLink Windchill
- Creation and handling of Production Bill of material (P BOM) based on the requests from factories / changes to the G BOM
- Create and Maintain P BOM and ensure the design release/changes are implemented across Production/Supplier Plants
- Handle phase in/phase out of the Materials and BoM based on the available stock, Open PO and future orders in production plants
- Understand and evaluate the Design changes and Verify the accuracy/completeness of BoM before the production implementation
- Ensuring consistent Master data and BOM across the systems adhere to global governance
- Responsible for Global Material Master attributes enrichment in Windchill PDMLink and SAP
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- 2-5 years of experience with experience in Engineering Change Management, Production Bill of Material creation
- Qualified experience in SAP MM Module
- Skilled Knowledge in Material UNSPSC or other Material Master Classification of Global standards
- Material creation & Validation in SAP and Material Extension & enrichment in Plants
- Established background in MDM/PDM and Master data governance
- Expert knowledge in end-to-end value chain of ECM and Production BOM handling
- Good Hands Experience in Material Master creation and NPR Validation
- Fluent in English (Oral & Written) and proficient in MS Office
What We Offer
Vestas is the only global energy company committed 100% to wind energy. By joining Vestas you’ll cultivate your career in an inspiring environment which has an ongoing engagement to sustainability. We value appropriate initiative, the desire to take on responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
The work location is in Chennai, India.
Willing to work for different time zones.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th October 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels