Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Powertrain Module > Powertrain Transport & Const Tools
Powertrain Transport, Construction & Maintenance team is a part of the Power Solutions business unit in the Vestas R&D organization. The department is accountable for delivering process and tool solutions for handling the powertrain module, sub-modules and architectural components during the transport, construction and maintenance phases of the product, as well as delivering process and tool solutions applicable to inbound transportation of components to powertrain assembly. And all of this done for both the onshore and the offshore businesses.
- Develop transport, construction and maintenance tool concepts and processes for new WTG powertrain
- Components in collaboration with other WTG designers and value chain stakeholders
- Design validation plan and execution
- Ensure that market requirements and best practices are included in WTG design
- Guide NPD to ensure WTG design enables cost optimized transport, construction and maintenance solutions and ensure full value chain perspective in new products
- Optimize transport, construction and maintenance solutions for the powertrain in terms of cost reduction and quality improvements
- Collection of improvement suggestions and best practices from a broad range of global stakeholders
- 3-8 years of experience within production, supply chain, transport, installation, maintenance tools, handling of wind turbines or other large components in other industries
- Masters / Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering / Structural Engineering / or similar specialization
- Experience with conducting feasibility studies on mechanical components/tools
- Good skills in English, both written and verbal
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing/Assembly/Service concepts
- Knowledge of steel/aluminum materials properties and their specifications
- Experience working as structural/mechanical designer, especially using Eurocode 3
- Experience in analytical and FEM/FEA, using ANSYS (Workbench)
- Experience in 3D modelling and 2D drawings, using Creo Parametric
- Experience with PTC Windchill
- You have a good understanding of risk assessment tools (DFMEA, PFMEA, process mapping etc.)
- Knowledge about testing set-ups, design validation plans and associated documentation
- Tool certification
- Sourcing understanding
- Focus on the project scope and able to understand the impact a scope change will have on the project
- Accountable and focus on delivering on time
- Good understanding about ECM (Engineering Change Management) and it’s impacts across the value chain
- High degree of personal planning
- Team-oriented person
What We Offer
We offer you a challenging and complex job with good professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment at an established manufacturer of wind turbines
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31th Aug 2021
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.