Position – Junior Buyer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and motivation in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Procurement, Indirect Buying, Order Management
The procurement department is designed to support Vestas’ Global Business and its End Customers. Our strategic goal is to build an entrepreneurial advantage for Vestas in the growing market and making it even more powerful in the coming years. Given the dynamics of the market and our dedicated wish to claim leadership in that market, you will join an ever-growing environment with good growth potential.
Procurement Department is a vital presence in making this happen. We are therefore in the process of building a solid global team, with the goal to deliver world-class sourcing and category management strategy, improving cost, quality, and on-time delivery. As a part of this team, we are now looking for significant Buyers, who have the skills, motivation, energy, and aspiration to contribute to this vision.
- Effectively engage and collaborate with Business stakeholders, in order to solve operational issues and problems related to Purchase Orders/Maintenance with speed and quality
- Support Accounts Payables Team on invoice handling and effectively resolve escalated/exception invoices and ensure that invoices are resolved and processed accurately
- Provide good customer service to all, including vendors, operating facilities, corporate headquarters, and SSC teammates
- Reviews requisitions pool, to ensure that all requisitions are processed or issued to respective buyers
- Ensures PO’s are issued in accordance with Vestas’ Procurement policy buying requirements
- Create non/catalog PO thru SAP and use of other Vestas’ systems
- Follow up with suppliers for confirmation and delivery of Goods/services.
- Ensure On-Time Delivery and Receipt of Goods / Services
- Modify/cancel/close PO
- Decides on the rejection of transactions for non-adherence to policies and adequate documentation, therefore deferring processing until the appropriate level of approval or proper documentation is obtained
- Ensures timely, within accepted and agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA), and accurate processing of requests to maintain customer satisfaction
- Participates in customer calls as needed
- Performs testing for system enhancements or resolutions to ensure that updates/changes will not change the production process once implemented
- Runs reports such as, but not limited to, Open Order Query Report
- Reporting to track open orders, supplier confirmations, and delivery dates to ensure communication of order and delivery status
- Provide support and cover for other team members as necessary
- Mechanical Engineer or relevant business degree.
- With at least 2 – 5 years of experience in Procurement / Supply chain function, out of which at least 2 years in Procurement
- Solid SAP skills & a good understanding of the P2P processes and reporting.
- Great competency level in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Lean and Six Sigma certification an added advantage.
- Good communication skills
- A good understanding of SAP procurement-related MD (PIR, vendor master, quota arrangements, and source lists) is an advantage
- Knowledgeable in SAP standard procurement reports
- Good English written and verbal communication skills and able to speak with conviction
- The candidate must be detailed oriented and have a willingness to do routine data entry and follow-through
- Flexibility to work in complete Night Shifts and occasional overtime when needed
- Structured and organized.
- Outgoing and respectful towards our stakeholders.
- Need to be a Go-Getter.
- A good team player.
- Effective time management, documentation, and organizational skills
- Able to rapidly learn technical and business techniques and knowledge
What We Offer
Join Vestas and you’ll cultivate your career in an inspiring environment at the world’s leading wind turbine producer, which has an ongoing dedication to sustainability. We value appropriate initiative, the desire to take on responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. At Vestas, your achievement is our growth.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th April’21.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day-to-day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organization.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.