Vestas is Hiring | Engineer – Tooling |
Position – Engineer-Tooling
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Engineering & Business Service Center > Engineering > Tool Engineering
Tool Engineering is part of the Engineering department at EBSC. This department has expertise in Engineering data analysis, technical documentation, Product/ Process Quality control, Business Processes, Tooling design, Test systems, Enterprise Asset Management, ERP solutions, and Project management, which would support Vesta’s global strategies through process optimization, production support, test validation, cost control, and E2E Project Management. The tooling design team is responsible for developing and maintaining concepts, processes, and tools for Manufacturing & Production of wind turbine components/assembly.
- Responsible for understanding and documenting Design requirements, verification and validations
- Responsible for creation of technical design documentation such 3D CAD, 2D drawings adherence to relevant legislations
- Responsible for project execution through SAP/ERP/ECM systems
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or allied
- 1-5 years of experience in Tool design and /or product engineering manufacturing is required
- Experience in Mechanical design and specification in compliant to the relevant international standards
- Knowledge of the design of mechanical components using both analytical and FE analysis and applicable standards
- Skilled in the Creation of drawings and ensuring the correctness of models using Creo/Solidworks & PDMLink
- Understanding of change management
- Creating design documentation
What We Offer
We offer you a challenging job with excellent professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment at the world’s leading manufacturer of wind turbines. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical and commercial commitment. You will get a unique opportunity to influence building of complex projects and your position in an informal and rapidly developing environment.
Your primary location will be in Chennai.
This role is a temporary role hired under Vesta’s Fixed-term Direct contract
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th June 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner in sustainable energy solutions. We are specialized in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to creating and sustaining an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.