Position – Engineer – CAD Towers
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Design Centre, Chennai DC Turbine Solutions DC Towers
- Describe the Department
- Tower Engineering department is responsible for providing optimized tower solution to Vestas tower program. The tasks range from understanding the design requirement and requirement specification, designing tower using analytical and FEM calculations, designing tower components, performing DFMEA, test planning and execution to risk assessments and compilation of certification documentation.
- DC tower is extension of global tower engineering department. The department is responsible for provide customized tower solution for sales order, design modification for local market and to provide innovative design solution for life extension of old turbine tower along with fulfilling certification need.
- Focus is on securing sound, cost-optimized and production friendly solutions and at the same time fulfilling the overall requirements to safety and functionality for the products. Additionally, process efficiency and coordinate time reduction is of key importance in order to fulfill Vestas’s overall vision of delivering products, which are configured to customer needs in a timely manner.
- Gather and understand project requirement/scope
- Make a project plan and roadmap to achieve project objectives
- Understand the risk and prepare a mitigation plan and adapt to field learning
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and execute the project with Vestas process
- Manage and align project challenges with stakeholders
- Lead the project and provide cost-optimized, the secure tower design solution
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in, Mechanical or Civil Engineering (structural)
- Minimum Professional experience: 2-5 years
- Experience with modular design or preferably automobile, aerospace engineering
- Technical leadership & Project management skills (technical project management)
- We see the ideal candidate possessing the following competencies and personality:
- Good fundamental and innovative mindset
- Technical leadership and understanding the business and full value chain.
- Exposure to technical project management in a global multicultural environment
- Proficient in configuration, BOM and PDMlink
- Knowledge on Bolted and Welded Connections, GD&T
- Exposure to state of art manufacturing process and value chain knowledge
- Have good communication skills to convey complex problems to a wide range of stakeholders
- Have good problem-solving skills and be able to manage sub-projects and be able to meet deadlines
- Be process-oriented and have a structured way to work