Position – CAD Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Nacelle Module > Modularized Nacelle
Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development, and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future. The Modularized Nacelle is a part of the Vestas Power Solutions, with sites in Denmark, Portugal, and India.
- You will be joining a team of dedicated Engineers and Specialists responsible for the design and integrity of the Next Generation Nacelle structure
- Your tasks will vary in complexity and nature but will mostly focus on design and design optimization of the components we develop
- Clarifying design requirements with all relevant stakeholders
- Develop concept and detail design of the components
- Align concept and detailed design with interfacing modules and submodules
- Obtaining, modifying, and optimizing CAD geometries to match the requirements
- Deliver 3D, 2D and design BoM with right quality
- Iterating all the above until we converge on an optimal design
- Facilitate design and design changes through our Change Management system
- Collaborating with the Designers and Engineers working in your area
- Create and maintain documentation towards the design
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or related fields
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Design and development of dynamic mechanical systems
- Experience in 3D modelling and 2D drawings, using Computer Aided Design (CAD); e.g., Creo.
- Product Data Management, e.g., PDM Link
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing/ Assembly/ Service concepts
- Engineering Change Management (ECM)
- Knowledge in EN and ISO standards related to mechanical component design Systems
- Experience executing of feasibility studies, Modular product development and Project Management
- Work as part of a team and that it comes naturally for you to collaborate and share knowledge
- Have the patience to listen to, understand and collobrate your colleagues
- Are committed to pushing the state-of-the art in Wind Turbine CAD technology
- Like to work with complex engineering problems and have a creative approach to new tasks
- Take pride in initiating and driving technology development projects through a large organization
- Are pro-active, result oriented and have a high sense of responsibility
- Have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (e.g., SCRUM) and JIRA
- Project Management or business education/experience
- Experience within other large corporate organizations
What We Offer
In our team you can expect to find a working culture that is friendly and informal, but with clear direction. We place a great emphasis on co-operation, transparency, and a healthy work/life balance. We take pride in each-other and, as such, you can expect to work with very competent colleagues in an inspiring work environment. As part of a global industry organization, we also offer opportunities to grow and develop, both professionally and personally. You will be offered an attractive compensation package based on your qualifications and the demands of this position. Last, but not least, we offer the opportunity to be part of the solution to one of the most important global problems of our time – ensuring that our future is based on sustainable, clean energy.
Your primary workplace will be in Chennai, India.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th June 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to creating and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.