Vestas is hiring | Assistant Lead Engineer |
Position – Assistant Lead Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Global Manufacturing > Engineering & Business Service Center > Tool Engineering
EBSC-Engineering provide engineering services to all modules in COO Manufacturing value chain. We impose innovative & creative solutions and build continuous improvement culture to make Vestas vision come true. Our expertise in engineering data analysis, technical documentation, product/ process quality control, NDT evaluation, business process, tooling design, test systems, Enterprise Asset Management offers ample support to Vestas global strategies through process optimization, production support, test validation and cost control.
Manufacturing Tooling team has been supporting the Global Production Engineering across all the Vestas Factories in Assembly, Blades, Generator, Convertors & Controls Segment. The services rendered include systemized implementation of Tool, Equipment and Machineries with the sole aim of providing best in class productivity in the safest possible way. The various stages of product lifecycle demand innovative technologies and we are always ready to take up the risks by working hand in hand with all the stakeholders.
- Accountable for providing the most robust, reliable, efficient design solution with highest performance and lowest cost
- Accountable for understanding, clarifying, and reviewing tooling design specification, design verification & validation, design risk associated in manufacturing value chain
- Responsible to be part of improvement projects, perform technical & embrace challenges
- To be part of process improvements with innovative solutions to deliver the projects more efficiently, regular workshops, SOA
- Contribute to cost reduction and improve quality through standardization, modularization, and process efficiency improvements
- Ensure cross functional collaboration with relevant interface owners throughout the value chain
- Deliver the technical solution within quality, time, and cost targets of the project
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or allied
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Tool design or product engineering manufacturing is required
- Experience in Mechanical design and specification in compliant to the relevant international standards
- Exposure in working in an intercultural environment
- In-depth knowledge in Structural Mechanics is essential
- Experience in 3D-Modeling and 2D-drafting, either using Catia, CREO/ PDMlink and project execution through ERP/ECM systems
- Broad Knowledge in Engineering Basics
- Work experience in GD&T, special machines like dosing & mixing is required
- Knowledge on FEA (Preferably ANSYS/Pro-Mechanica), design for manufacturing and preferably insight into wind turbines, e.g., welding processes and material properties
- Knowledge of Wind turbines & heavy lifting/ Transportation equipment
- Should have a creative approach to new opportunities, a natural understanding of innovation and thrive with varied tasks and constant changes from day to day
- Should be result oriented with a positive focus on the task and to be able to meet the deadlines with the right quality
- Good collaboration focus and ability to motivate colleagues within project team
- Good communication skills to report effectively on the project status at all levels of an organization
- Good stakeholder management skills and the ability to build relationships with key members of the value-stream
What We Offer
We offer an exciting workplace with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with an established wind turbine manufacturer.
The work location is in Chennai, India.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st May 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialized in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to creating and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.