Position – Assistant Lead Engineer – Design
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and overseeing the Engineering Change Management process. Your role will involve designing and developing composite components and working to create innovative solutions and new technologies to increase cost-efficiency for turbines. You will be responsible for creating 3D CAD designs/models, 2D drawings, and bills of materials based on design specifications and ensuring that designs are cost-efficient and utilize standard parts as well as manufacturing standards. You will also be responsible for standardizing designs by defining master models and design guidelines/checklists. You will also be responsible for collecting improvement suggestions and best practices from global stakeholders, and act as a role model and sharing your knowledge, and taking ownership of your own career and competency development.
To qualify for this role, you should have:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing and developing composite components
- Experience with 3D modeling and 2D drawings using Creo Parametric
- Experience with the PTC Windchill PDM link process
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing/Assembly/Service concepts
- Knowledge of design standards (e.g. ISO)
- Experience executing feasibility studies
- System interface design & stakeholder management
- Understanding value chain development in coordination with sourcing, quality, transport, service, and construction
- Creative, innovative, and self-motivated
- Good communication skills and interest in stakeholder management, including coordination, planning, and reporting
- Enthusiastic and have a positive attitude even in tough situations.
What We Have to Offer
You may anticipate a warm and casual working environment with clear direction at Nacelle Module. We place a strong focus on collaboration, openness, and maintaining a good work/life balance. We take pride in one another, therefore you can anticipate to work with highly trained colleagues in a stimulating work atmosphere. We also provide possibilities for professional and personal growth and development as part of a worldwide, established enterprise. Last but not least, we provide the opportunity to contribute to one of the most critical global possibilities of our time: ensuring that our future is built on sustainable, clean energy.
Vestas is the global partner for sustainable energy solutions in the energy industry. We specialize in the design, manufacture, installation, and maintenance of onshore and offshore wind turbines.
We have installed more wind power than anyone else on the planet. We consider ourselves industry pioneers since we are constantly aiming to build innovative ideas and technology to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With over 145 GW of installed wind power globally and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unrivaled track record showcasing our competence in the industry.
We are a varied team of 29,000 individuals worldwide, united by a single goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas encourages a diverse workforce that accepts all social identities and is free of prejudice. We pledge to develop and nurture an atmosphere that recognizes and benefits from diverse experiences, abilities, and opinions. We also want to make sure that everyone has equal access to opportunities.
We urge you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media platforms to learn more about our company and life at Vestas. We also invite you to join our Talent Universe to be notified of new and relevant posts.