Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Vertiv Co.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
The Mechanical Engineer supports new product development and product sustaining tasks for the company’s Global Rack Power Distribution products for the Integrated Rack Solutions line of business. The Associate Mechanical Engineer uses mechanical CAD software to transform product specifications into a manufacturable product, then releases that design into the engineering Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
- Create drawings and bills of material for sheet metal and purchased parts.
- Create 3D mechanical models using sheet metal and part modeling functionality of 3D mechanical CAD software.
- Generate complex assembly drawings and product submittal drawings.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and production associates to build prototypes and provide direction when needed.
- Write, submit, and release engineering changes in the PLM system.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Engineering product development experience is preferred.
- Sheet metal design experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of mechanical 3D CAD modeling, e.g., CREO, SolidWorks.
- Experience with PLM data entry and BOM creation, e.g., Oracle, Agile EC.
- Basic electrical and electromechanical knowledge.
- Can interpret safety agency standards, e.g., UL and IEC, towards creating a safe product design.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively within cross-functional engineering teams.
- Excellent planning, organizing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Travel up to 10% may be required.