Position – Senior Engineer
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Are you the enthusiastic, self-driven and result-oriented professional who wants to move our customer’s performance forward?
We are looking for “Senior Engineer, Costing” to be based in Chennai, India. This position reports to “Chief Manager, Costing”. In this position you will have an opportunity to carry out and responsible for responsible for providing proposal support, proposal binder and estimating cost that will meet the tender requirement. Also Manages the quotation process and acting as the main point of contact to support the sales of the organization’s products and services and responsible for meeting the customers’ orders on time.
In this position, you will be required to,
1. Manage the proposal process to ensure customer tender requirements and expectations are met.
2. To Promote cost estimation for products like various types of boilers, Evaporators and Environmental systems.
3. Liaise with sales representatives and operations to ensure accuracy of orders.
4. Support sales and coordinating with departments and manage issues affecting in meeting customer enquiry requirement on time, liaising where necessary with sales,service, finance and operations in an effort to solve enquiry issues.
5. Follow systems specifications and formalized representations of solutions (for example, flow charts,
layout) to configure systems that meet customer needs.
6. Liaise with product management to ensure that products and services are modified, configured, and installed according to customer needs.
7. Work cross functionally to ensure customer satisfaction on all customer inquiries.
To succeed this role, you will need:
- Bachelor/master’s Degree in mechanical engineering.
- 6 – 10 years of experience in relevant field.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
We offer you a rewarding position in a global industry leader in pulp, paper and energy industries with the possibilities to grow professionally.
If this sounds like something you are looking for and you are ready to go forward on your career, send your application with your CV via the provided latest by 15th Dec, 2020 .
When everything works together,
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 13,500 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation, and services for the pulp, paper, and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.