As a Lead Physical Design Engineer, you will work under the direction of the dedicated customer and Altair support organization. We provide our customers with best-in-class post-sales technical support. This position will require interactions and teamwork across various departments such as; Support, Engineering, Product Management, and Quality Assurance.
- Understanding the customer’s current infrastructure, design/verification flows, and future needs.
- Working closely with customers on tools and methodology
- Provide customers with proactive and responsive support
- Work with dedicated accounts to understand customer issues and provide solutions.
- Create FAQ’s and contribute to training, forums, and documentation development
- Provide direction to engineering on areas for product improvement
- Proactively test new solutions for their accounts prior to delivery
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proven ability with customer-facing interaction
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Customer Orientation – Has a passion to help people
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and probing to ensure clarity
- Proven effective communication skills both verbal and writing
Background and Experience:
- 2 to 10+ years of proven customer support experience
- Experience supporting EDA/CAD development
- In depth knowledge of Linux OS and Unix utilities
- Demonstrated scripting skills (Tcl, Python, csh, bsh, and Perl)
- Working knowledge of job schedulers
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software – Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category: Programming & Design
Role: Team Lead/Technical Lead
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
Education: B.Tech/B.E. – Any Specialization, B.Sc – Any Specialization
PG – M.Tech /MCA – Computers
Recruiter Name: Ramesh Busavalla (Telephone: 66294500)
Address: 1st Floor, 46, Prestige Trade Tower, Palace Road, Municipal Ward No.77, Sampangiramnagar, Bengaluru (Bangalore) Urban, Karnataka, 560001, BANGALORE, Karnataka – 560001, India
Altair Engineering India Private LimitedHeadquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA, with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, Altair Engineering is a leading global product design, consulting and commercial software product company. Altair India is a fully owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering-USA. Altair India’s activities encompass (1) Software development for our MCAE suite of products – HyperWorks (2) Software development for our Grid computing framework PBS-Pro (3) CAE consulting projects for various customers worldwide (4) International technical support of our software products (5) Marketing, sales and support of our MCAE and Grid computing solutions in India and ASEAN Headquartered in Bangalore, Altair-India provides you a refreshing, open and rewarding work environment, where you challenge yourself constantly, discover your potential and enrich your growth. At Altair, we offer you a career full of possibilities and progress. Altair is looking for young, energetic and ambitious professionals, with a desire to excel, who like to think ‘out of the box’ and who are driven to overcome challenges.