Position – Design Engineer
Company – TVS Motor
Exp. – 3 to 7 years
Location – Hosur, Tamil Nadu, IN
Section – R&D – Veh Sys D&D – Veh Mech Sys – Wheels & Brakes
Job posted on Jul 24, 2023
Employee Type – White Collar
Experience range (Years) – 3 years – 7 years
Group Company: TVS Motor Company
Designation: Design Engineer
Position description: Design of Parts & Assembly in Wheels & Brakes Function
- Design of Parts & Assembly in Wheels & Brakes Function. The candidate shall be able to :
- Prepare a design input sheet considering the quality characteristics of the system and product from TQT & HOQ.
- Prepare CAD model using design guidelines.
- Optimize for part communication and part count.
- Verify design for DFX- design for assy, mfg, cost & reliability.
- Conduct functional design reviews for a part/subsystem using checklists and provide feedback.
- Identify quality, cost, and weight gaps against targets.
- Use simulation techniques to identify the failure modes and take corrective action.
- Conduct packaging and interfacing checks.
- Understand the interaction between different systems of Two wheelers.
- Verify the design against known failure modes, past product problems, DFMEA, DFM, and DFA requirements.
- Understand the empirical relationship between quality characteristics and multiple-part characteristics/process parameters.
- Incorporate special characteristics derived from AQ & MBQ.
- Understand best-in-class products/subsystems and technology involved.
- Prepare drawings and release for manufacturing.
- Choose appropriate materials for given functions and applications. Understand the rationale for choosing a particular material for given parts.
- Prepare BOM with every drawing release.
- Understand process parameters that are important to achieve part characteristics.
- Understand the capability of chosen processes with reference to specifications and tolerances.
- Conduct FMEA for products and processes and act on the potential failure modes.
- Solve problems at functional level by eliminating all causes.
Educational qualifications preferred:
Degree: Bachelor of Engineering – B.Tech/B.E. in Mechanical Engineering