Trelleborg Industrial Solutions is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer- Inventor
Company – Trelleborg Industrial Solutions – Marine & Infrastructure
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talents brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead. Our people are Shaping Industry from the Inside. Why don´t you join us?
Do you want to make a lasting difference for our customers and the environment? Start shaping industry from the inside.
Who are we?
Trelleborg Industrial Solutions (TIS) is a global leader in innovative polymer-based solutions for key industries and critical infrastructure. We are one of three Business Areas within the Trelleborg Group, with a total of about 6 000 employees around the world.
About the Job
As a Design Engineer you have responsibility to finish the design, modelling & drafting work allocated to you by your seniors in an efficient and timely manner. This job will entail completion of 3D models and engineering drawings, maintaining work documentation and keeping all projects organized. You will work with Engineers/Project Managers based in different location worldwide to ensure that your work fully aligns with the Customer’s requirements and is in line with TMS standards. The duties and responsibilities of the Design Engineer is not limited to those listed below and are subject to change as per needs of the business.
About the Role
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing CAD support for products associated with the Customer Group activities.
- Read and understand the project requirement and connect with respective project owners to clarify data required to complete the project.
- Discuss with line manager about the project assigned.
- Maintain all communication in written through mail, even if telephonic discussion is made. Summarize mail should be sent for discussed points to respective persons.
- Should follow effective modelling and drawings practice.
- Ensure Information on drawings and documents are accurate and aligning to the requirement.
- The successful and timely delivery of all drafting and modelling assigned work to you.
- Ensure models and dwgs built / issued for any product are feasible for manufacturing, assembly and installation.
- Micro planning of tasks assigned.
- Follow defined company processes and standards.
- Maintaining customer centricity and ensuring customer happiness through delivery of your work.
- Performing engineering activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Checking of other engineer’s models, drawing and other technical documents.
- Maintaining drawing archives.
- Ensure, given responsibilities on or before time, with full accuracy.
- If given task is completed, you should approach your immediate line manager.
- Carry out general tasks as designated by the line manager.
- Communicate efficiently both in writing and verbally
- Moderate to strong understanding of engineering principles
Education and Experience
- BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field. With minimum 2 years of work experience design and engineering.
- Hands on experience in Autodesk Inventor / SolidWorks / 3Ds MAX / FEA Simulation etc.
- Having knowledge of I-logic, cad automation would be an added advantage.
- Exposure to working methodology as per ISO9001
Key Interfaces and Stakeholders
- Line Manager
- Outside Client
- Team members
- R&D Team
Geography to cover and Travel requirements
- Office based, visiting the factory floor if required.
- Possible domestic or international travel for short or long durations for trainings / conference / work / meetings.
- Communicate effectively to avoid ambiguity.
- Build good relationships and work well within a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to build engineering concepts from scratch.
- Learn about new products and adapt new ideas quickly and accurately.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.
- See challenges as opportunities
In the upcomng steps our recruitment team will review your profile and contact via email.
Next steps will include Telephonic round, Technical tests, Behvaioral Assessment and Personal round of interviews.
Trelleborg is an equal opportunity employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply now by clicking the Apply button for more information”
At Trelleborg our people are #shapingindustryfromtheinside