Position – Trainee Design Engineer, Ahmedabad IND
Company – Trelleborg Industrial Solutions – Marine & Infrastructure
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talents brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead. Our people are Shaping Industry from the Inside. Why don´t you join us?
Do you want to experience new challenges and innovate the future of engineered polymer solutions? Accelerate your career with Trelleborg and start shaping industry from the inside.
Who are we?
Trelleborg Industrial Solutions (TIS) is a global leader in innovative polymer-based solutions for key industries and critical infrastructure. We are one of three Business Areas within the Trelleborg Group, with a total of about 6 000 employees around the world.
Trelleborg Marine & Infrastructure are committed to advancing operational performance in marine, port and built infrastructure, empowering our clients to succeed at the highest level.
About the Job
Trainee Engineer has responsibility to finish the design, modelling & drafting work allocated to her/his by seniors in an efficient and timely manner. This job will entail completion of 3D models and engineering drawings, maintaining your work documentation and keeping all your projects organized. She / He will work with Engineers/Project Managers based in different location worldwide to ensure that her / his work fully aligns with the Customer’s requirements and is in line with TMS standard.
- Providing CAD support for products associated with the Customer Group activities.
- Read and understand the project requirement and connect with respective project owners to clarify data required to complete the project.
- Discuss with line manager about the project assigned.
- Maintain all communication in written through mail, even if telephonic discussion is made. Summarize mail should be sent for discussed points to respective persons.
- Performing engineering activities on a day-to-day basis as defined by your line manager.
- Checking of other engineer’s models, drawing and other technical documents.
- Maintaining drawing archives.
- Ensure, given task is completed on or before time, with full accuracy.
- If given task is completed, you should approach your immediate line manager.
- Other appropriate activities as defined by your line manager.
About the Ideal Candidate
- Communicate optimally to avoid ambiguity.
- Build good relationships and work well within a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to build engineering concepts from scratch.
- Learn about new products and adapt new ideas quickly and accurately.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.
- DME / BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field. With minimum 0-1 year of work experience design and engineering.
- Knowledge in SolidWorks/ Autodesk Inventor / 3Ds MAX / FEA Simulation etc.
See challenges as opportunities
- Working across cultural boundaries.
- Presenting optimally, both internally and externally.
- 3D modelling techniques and drafting standards
- Good engineering skills
Trelleborg is an equal opportunity employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Don’t delay! We’re hiring as quickly as possible”
At Trelleborg our people are #shapingindustryfromtheinside