Position – Senior Engineer – Product Engineering
Company – Trane Technologies
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We’re a team that dares to look at the world’s challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Carries out engineering assignments of limited scope and complexity. Work closely with the SBU engineering team. Prepares well-defined plans, designs, calculations, costs, and bills of materials in accordance with established codes, standards, and drawings. Works under moderate supervision to carry out engineering assignments of defined scope. The role requires a Mechanical Engineer for product design and development activities for various kinds of projects such as Value Engineering, Quality & Reliability, and NPDs. He/She will be highly accountable for project deliveries meeting Quality, Delivery & Cost (QDC).
- The role requires a Mechanical Engineer for product design and development activities for various kinds of projects such as Value Engineering, Quality & Reliability, and NPDs. He/She will be highly accountable for project deliveries meeting Quality, Delivery & Cost (QDC).
- Requires strong competency in handling Mechanical Engineering projects (SOM, Structural, Hand calculation, etc.)
- Lead the following product development activities – Concept generation, Design & Development, Planning, & Testing, and supports & provides input to the Advanced Engineering team –FEA & CFD
- Leads the Risk assessment, Prototyping, and testing of concept designs and initial engineering builds, Pilot Production, Design reviews, Design verification testing, Product validation, Pre-production & launch activities
- Understands & Capture the requirement of the product and work closely with global SMEs to deliver the projects adhering to Ingersoll Rand’s Product Development Process
- Solving complex technical problems in a structured approach using engineering problem-solving tools.
- Carry out Project activities under minimal supervision of a Team Lead/Manager.
- Should be able to drive VAVE projects independently starting from Project Scoping to Closure of the project
- Leads/drives should Costing, Product Teardowns, and Idea generation sessions
- BE degree/ Master in Mechanical / Automobile engineering with strong academics.
- 3-5 Years of Industry Experience
- Demonstrates ability to identify the root cause of a problem and take effective action to solve problems.
- Hands-on experience in DFMEA, DVP, and test plan development.
- Exposure to prototyping and testing.
- Hands-on experience in designing a structural component (load bearing, joint loads) for the product
- Good understanding of component design & Manufacturing of plastics, sheet metal, casting & machining will be an added advantage.
- Exposure in Pro E Modules – Part, Sheet metal, Assembly (Top down and Bottom up) and Drawing will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge in materials sciences and electrical systems
- Effective teamwork where people work together to achieve common goals. A strong team player capable of working with others.
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrates the ability to communicate ideas and results in a clear and concise manner
- Project Management – Less complex projects- Starting from Project initiation to Closure
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.