Trane Technologies is Hiring | Product Engineer |
Position – Product Engineer
Company – Trane Technologies
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We’re a team that dares to look at the world’s challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
This Role requires a Mechanical Engineer for product design and development activities for various kinds of projects such as Value Engineering, Quality & Reliability, and NPD’s. He/She will be highly accountable for project deliveries meeting Quality, Delivery & Cost (QDC)
- Requires strong competency in handling Mechanical Engineering projects (SOM, Structural, Hand calculation etc.)
- Lead the following product development activities – Concept generation, Design & Development, Planning, & Testing, and supports & provides input to the Advanced Engineering team –FEA & CFD Modelling- and understand the CAE reports
- Leads the Risk assessment, Prototyping and testing concept designs and initial engineering builds, Pilot Production, Design reviews, Design verification testing, Product validation, Pre-production & launch activities
- Understands & Captures the requirement of the product and work closely with global SME’s to deliver the projects adhering to Ingersoll Rand’s Product Development Process
- Solving complex technical problems in a structured approach using engineering problem solving tools.
- Carry out Project activities under minimal supervision of a Team Lead/Manager.
- Should be able to drive VAVE projects independently starting from Project Scoping to Closure of the project
- Leads/drives should Costing, Product Teardowns, and Idea generation sessions
- BE degree/ Masters in Mechanical / Automobile engineering with stronng academics.
- 3-6 Years of Industry Experience
- SAVE/INVEST – VAVE certification preferable
- Demonstrates ability to identify root cause of a problem and take effective action to solve problems.
- Hands on experience in DFMEA, DVP, and test plan development.
- Exposure to prototyping and testing.
- Hands on experience in designing a structural components (load bearing) for the product
- Good understanding of component design & Manufacturing of plastics, sheet metal, casting & machining will be an added advantage.
- Exposure in Pro E Modules – Part, Sheet metal, Assembly (Top down and Bottom up) and Drawing will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge in materials sciences and electrical systems
- Demonstrates innovation & initiative approach at work
- Fosters effective teamwork where people work together to achieve common goals. A strong team player capable of working with others.
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrates the ability to communicate ideas and results in a clear and concise manner
- Project Management – Less complex projects- Starting from Project initiation to Closure
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.