Position – Engineering Head
thyssenKrupp Elevator (India) Pvt. Ltd
Exp – 15 to 20 Years
Salary – INR 20,00,000 – 30,00,000 PA.
Email – [email protected]
- The role is to support Sr VP Manufacturing with all necessary technical activities.
- As a Design head will have opportunity to demonstrate ability to demonstrate contract engineering skills, improve the design engineering processes, drive the function to the newer techniques, To be responsible for development of elevator components, Value engineering of Mechanical components and sub-assemblies. New technology development, Cost effective design solutions.
Heading Contract Engineering,
- For contract Engineering role , Responsible for product launches as per targets, In time release of technical data like BOM, GAD and drgs for manufacturing, Shall drive the introduction of newer techniques in design engineering,Responsible for budgeting and staffing. Establishes systems, programs, policies and procedures. Compiles and reports on department activities and achievement of goals and objectives to higher level management.
- Set the vision and the mission for the future.
- Direct and facilitate departmental activities on all major projects through the year
- Develop project planning and control tools to achieve cost effective seamless new product introductions
- Drive change, improve on current process, innovate, and drive the organization toward excellence
- Hires, directs and develops staff in the Contract engineering functions.
- Maintains departmental budget
- Follows safety guidelines
- Close co ordination with PDC function for technical challenges and smooth new design implementation .
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Budget development, cost estimating and capital project cost justification
- Responsible for development of components helping vendor development
- Plan and control departmental budgets
- Process documents such as PPAP, DFM and work instructions
- SPC, APQP and other quality control methods and procedures.
- Lean skills in the areas of design release processes, design data handling
- 3D CAD experience with product, tooling or fixture design
- Exposure to sheet metal working processes
- Exposure to welding processes
- Exposure to product costing
- Exposure to design of assembly of various mechanical and electrical components, surface treatment exposure is essential.
- Coordinate Contract engineering activities with appropriate functional departments
- Communicates with customers, suppliers, auditors, inspectors, and employees worldwide
- Ensure the Design data released is complying to the standard product definition, in line with local regulations
- Plans, documents, implements and administers programs to achieve continual improvement in all forms of work and assure customer satisfaction
- Better collaboration with HQ & Zones for the Enquiry , GAD, Pricing, etc and close coordination with Manufacturing for MFG BoM, etc
- Ahead of market speed on quality & Delivery
- Exposure to various design tools Working knowledge on design on various mechanical components used in elevator or similar industry.
- Must be updated knowledge on latest trend and techniques and materials used in engineering component design and developments.
- Material selection know how.
- Various testing and validation processes
- Lean, Six Sigma preferred
Education:UG -B.Tech/B.E. in Mechanical
Company Profile – thyssenKrupp Elevator (India) Pvt. Ltd
ThyssenKrupp has around 157,000 employees in just under 80 countries working with passion and expertise to develop solutions for sustainable progress. Their skills and commitment are the basis of our success. In fiscal year 2012/2013 ThyssenKrupp generated sales of around ‚39 billion.
The Elevator Technology Business Area brings together the Group’s global activities in the area of passenger transportation systems. Its range includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators, moving walks, passenger boarding bridges as well as stair and platform lifts. In addition to systems for the volume market, the portfolio also includes custom solutions as well as service, maintenance, and modernization packages precisely tailored to customer requirements.