Position – Sr Engineering Technician
Company – Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Role Description/Position Summary
We are seeking a strong electro-mechanical technician who will build, test, integrate, troubleshoot, and qualify electro-mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies for our instrument systems following standard practices and procedures.
- Assembles and tests a wide variety of mechanical, electronic, laser, electro-mechanical, or opto-mechanical sub-assemblies and instrument systems.
- Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, and cable harnessing on assembly units.
- Troubleshoot complex mechanical, electrical, and optical systems.
- Work with Production Engineers/Managers to resolve incoming quality or design issues.
- Set up and maintain procedures for raising “non-Conformity” against internal processes, assembly stages, and against faulty supplies from suppliers, followed by Root cause analysis (RCA) and Corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the plan, including management of, and reporting.
- Ensure that process documentation (e.g., ISO, test Reports, etc.) is completed for all pertinent tasks.
- Maintain the necessary test equipment which is used for the testing of products.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- BE Production / Mechanical / Electrical or equivalent
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Typically requires greater than 3 years of related experience, or a combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrate the required skills.
- Must have experience using basic hand tools to assemble and disassemble equipment, including screwdrivers, wrenches, soldering equipment, wiring tools, electrostatic device protection, etc.
- Troubleshooting experience using oscilloscopes, DVM, and other test equipment
- Experience working with engineers, Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Distribution, and Planners is recommended.
- Good understanding of various quality improvement tools & Lean techniques: 5S, VSM, Waste reduction, Process mapping, Control Charts, etc.
Skills & Competencies Required:
- Proficient computer skills using Windows, MS Office, SAP, and other PC-based software.
- Must be able to read technical drawings including assembly drawings, BOMs, Wiring Diagrams, etc.
- Quick learner with verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Fluent in English with good communication skills. Good Documentation Practice.