Position – Production Supervisor
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- To implement all management systems and procedures to ensure effective and efficient manufacturing at the Third Party Manufacturing Sites
- Work closely with the toll site teams with a properly integrated mix of training, follow-up, correction, and maintenance of standard operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance of toll sites in the areas of statutory regulations, environmental requirements, safety and health of people, and hazardous materials management.
- Continuously monitor the production plan and coordinate closely with planning and sourcing teams to ensure aligned movement of raw material and finished goods. Support business in executing rush orders on priority while ensuring that no compromise is made on safe and quality working.
Other Job Requirements:
- Good knowledge and experience in dealing with a chemical industrial environment.
- Knowledge of personnel safety, process safety, industrial hygiene, materials management, and regulatory compliances is a must.
- Ability to respond logically and as planned when presented with emergency conditions.
- Ability to accurately grasp, manage and communicate the requirements of detailed and complex production SKU requirements
- Explain standard operating procedures in a language understandable by the operating personnel.
- Ability to effectively interface within all levels of the organization including site managers’ shop floor operators and unionized personnel.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with plant personnel to obtain the necessary information to determine compliance issues within the plant.
Educational Qualifications: BE (Chemical/Electrical/Mechanical Branch) or Diploma in Chemical Engineering with relevant experience.
Experience: Around 3+ years of total related experience in Production for a Degree Engineer and 8+ years for Diploma Engineer in reputed manufacturing industry handling hazardous chemicals.
- Knowledge of SAP would be a big asset
- Chemical plant experience in implementing programs to comply with environmental, safety and health, hazardous materials management compliance.
- Exposure to handling hazardous chemicals
- Familiarity with other regulatory areas such as excise, factory act, MV act, etc