Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $30 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
About Team: Providing best in class product development services to Thermo Fisher Scientific Global Business Units, is one of the core functions of the India Engineering Center (IEC). This Global Research and Development Center, established in 2009, is in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, with over 150 employees. We are a team committed to develop innovative and cutting edge technologically advanced products ranging from laboratory equipment, analytical instruments, remote monitoring solutions, chromatography and mass spectrometry. We are proud of the work that we do at the India Engineering Center thereby fulfilling our mission of making the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place.
For more information, explore the opportunities in IEC at our career page today
Role Purpose Summary:
Mechanical Engineer is a member of a global Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) Team. The role is of a hands-on mechanical engineer who is motivated to actively contribute to the new product development as well as sustaining engineering. Role is pivotal in design and develop mechanical components and systems for existing or newly developed products.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design parts and assembles with limited supervision in Solidworks or CREO
- Provide concepts, preliminary cost estimates, analysis, and evaluation plans, to align with overall project schedules.
- Perform hand calculations using basic engineering principles
- Perform Design Tradeoff Analysis on multiple concepts. Generate sketches and other information necessary for the creation of production drawings and specifications.
- Work with outside vendors to select, source new and alternative parts
- Work with Regulatory Affairs team members to acquire the required product approvals such as, U.L., FDA, C.S.A. and European product certifications.
- Create preliminary DFMEA & risk assessment documents to support product verification and validation
- Utilize GD&T for all part and assembly drawings
- Process ECOs for mechanical drawings, manuals, procedures, and item changes. Update documents as needed.
- Own and execute low complexity projects from concept stage to implementation phase
- Take part in design reviews to ensure quality of design and documentation is met
- Work closely with multi-functional groups in Sourcing, manufacturing, Commercials, Quality Service and Service to document project approvals
- Use multiple ERP Systems across sites (gather parts information, do parts setup, etc.)
- Manage your workload effectively and report status regularly to engineering team members
Candidate Educational & Professional Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 2- 4 years’ experience with Solidworks or CREO
- Hands on Experience with plastic material selection, process conversions
- Sound Knowledge on basic engineering principles
- Practicing drawing guidelines and best practices
- Must have good communication skills to work globally and across functions
- Evident enthusiasm, adaptability, initiative, creativity, ownership, and problem-solving skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com