Position – Graduate Engineering Trainee- Mechanical (GET)
Company – Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
About the Company
Our Mission: To enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
It’s more than just something that fills our days. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our work has a purpose. Our work requires passion and creates meaningful outcomes. Our work matters. We’re sharing our expertise and technological advancements with customers, helping them make the world a better place – whether they’re discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our people share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. We work together to accelerate research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, drive innovation and increase laboratory productivity. Each one of us contributes to our mission every day.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information,
Roles & Responsibilities:
As part of a multi-functional development team, major responsibility will include (not limited to) Component Engineering in the capacity of a Mechanical Engineer for Sustenance Engineering projects.
- Decipher requirements and technical specification documents. Seeks clarification where needed.
- Identify low complexity product requirements & technical specifications under mentorship.
- Build necessary backup info for design concepts & trade off analysis under mentorship. Seek clarity for different tradeoff parameters and complete component selection to meet the technical specifications.
- Independently perform alternative component search and basic design calculations.
- Use tools and apply engineering fundamentals
- Support in design documentation & artifact presentation as per design process.
- Fairly conversant / capable of learning tool usage to support design analysis and simulation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of Mechanical Engineering Principles (Structural, Theory of machines and Heat transfer)
- Ability to build design documents based on reviews and designer input. Understanding of engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Applies self-learning to derive component functioning
- Aware of DFM concepts & tries to use where possible
- Can fairly make assessment of part manufacturing processes.
- Aware & can navigate through design and simulation tools. Learns different tools and intent with hands-on experience
- Ability to run basic calculations to prove design
- Ability to optimally work on the below tasks with mentorship
- Contribute to design concepts, trade off analysis and does component selection to meet the technical specifications
- Contribute to design analysis and simulation in ensuring implement the design optimization and confirmation to requirements
- Conduct testing as per test plans (including functional and regulatory test cases). Record test results
- Build design documents & artifacts as per design process