Position – Battery Design & Development Engineer
Exp. – 4 to 6 years
- Establish pilot-scale battery pack manufacturing and testing facility
- Design battery packs for chosen applications which include a selection of right cell chemistry, charging strategies, battery balancing, etc.
- Perform analytical characterization for lithium-ion batteries to support enhanced battery development goals.
- Design and carry out experiments to study factors that influence the performance of battery cell components.
- Develop a state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery management system and data analysis pipeline to optimize the lifetime and performance working with software and firmware engineers.
- Organize and carry out the physical characterization of battery failure analysis work to support battery development.
- Required Candidate profile
- Acquire and interpret analytical and cell test data using materials characterization and electrochemical techniques
- Prepare and maintain procedures, validate methods and equipment, develop and implement protocols and failure replication testing
- Train, guide and define tasks for technicians to facilitate work at high standards
- Support invalidation at customers end and preparing test reports to present to the Management and customer
- Cell and module testing, according to the required test protocols
- Design experiments to investigate open questions brought up customers
- Maintaining test data logs, data mining and establishing a testing document control system
- Work effectively both independently and with other team members.
Education – B.Tech/B.E. in Electrical, Mechanical
About the Company
Thermax Group is an INR 4704 crore company, providing a range of engineering solutions to the energy and environment sectors. We are headquartered in Pune, India and operate globally through 33 International offices and 13 manufacturing facilities – 7 of which are in India and 6 overseas.
We are one of the few companies in the world that offers integrated innovative solutions in the field of heating, cooling, power, water and waste management, air pollution control and chemicals. The company also designs, builds and commissions large boilers for steam and power generation, turnkey power plants, industrial and municipal wastewater treatment plants, waste heat recovery systems and air pollution control projects. We strive to serve our clients better by developing sustainable solutions that are environment-friendly and enable efficient deployment of energy and water resources.